Wednesday 18 December 2013

My European Labour Market Graphic

In the progress to create my next information graphic I analyzed two datasets. One dealt with the unemployment by states and the other one with the employment by population in the European Union. In the last dataset gender, age and other indicators were presented. The datasets were published in different years, that's why I added this information in every aspect.


My final info graphic about unemployment in Europe uses more charts and proportions than text descriptions. There are no figurative elements except the functional icons for the gender. The stars in the title are the only decorative elements but they also serve as reference to the European Union. I wanted to visually transfer the numbers beginning with a more general view on the whole population and specializing in the following aspects with gender, age and states. Additionally I used a color scheme in blue and "gold" in reference to the colors of the European Union. Proportions are presented in grey using small icons that refer to the percentage. The bar and donut chart are color-coded in different shades of blue. Once more I chose a vertical structure for the segmentation into four units. This structure guides the viewer down and makes it easy to focus on the different facts.


1 comment:

  1. I really like your style of designing information graphics. It appears very modern, tidy and well organized. The hierarchy is clear as well. Important facts are emphasized and proportions quickly to detect. The font you've chosen underlines your straight style resigning decoration. Perhaps i would have increased the distance between the single elements a little bit.

    ReplyDelete