Thursday 5 December 2013

My CV

Finally I visualized my own CV working with some elements of the other CVs. I used Adobe's software InDesign for creating the graphic. My idea was to cover more than one dimension using a flat and abstract design. The six sections (Contact Info, Education History, What I do, Training Experiences, Tools/Programs, Languages) are presented on a line working with short descriptions, colors and icons. I tried to tell a story applying a time line and color scheme. The color cues serve as a visual reference to my skills and have a functional meaning. This kind of hierarchical information organization in sequences reduces the cognitive load making it more easy to follow and understand. The viewer is guided along the line and gets the useful information step by step for understanding the color links and meanings.

Thinking again about this color concept it would be more logic using the logos in black and white (Tools/Programs). And also the bar chart for presenting the language skills would better work in grey or black. Since these colors are meaningless and only decorative.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa! I really like the path that your CV follows because I think that this way anyone who wants to hire you can get the information about yourself in a very clear way and organized way. I also find very interesting that you've focused your CV in a more vertical way rather than horizontal as everybody does. This is more of a personal opinion but I think I would have chosen another color more, not only grey and black for the name in order to highlight more who you are.
    However, good job!

    ReplyDelete